Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Luminotes Wiki

I decided I wanted to choose a wiki for the library of the school where I work. My school is a 6-12 combination with about 1000 students. I knew I wanted to keep the wiki as simple as possible for all users, and I wanted support for myself in the installation and use. I decided I absolutely wanted WYSISYG, since most students and teachers are not familiar with HTML code. I also wanted to find an inexpensive wiki, since the library budget is nonexistent.
I used WikiMatrix's WikiWizard to narrow down the different wikis specific to my needs. I looked through the results, and I finally decided on Luminotes. It is aimed at educators and students, it's free, and it has all of the features I wanted and more. It even offers an RSS feed, so teachers could monitor progress. I do wish it had email notification, but the RSS feed should be sufficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment