Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Wiki Wonderful

I have never before considered how useful a wiki would be to a school system. Like many school systems, ours discourages students from taking work back and forth between home and school using jump drives (viruses, malware, spyware, oh my!). Unfortunately, it never fails that a student is out the day before a paper is due, or just isn't quite finished on that assignment. With a wiki (and education on how to use it), the students would be able to transfer easily with no risk of contamination. Also, teachers would not have to worry about kids printing out, unless they specifically wanted them to, and could use such services as TurnItIn quite easily. I haven't chosen a favorite yet, but I will update when I do. Wikis, the jump drive of the future? Perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment